Funding £120 billion Eco-city of 1 million Eco-homes with built-in Eco-socio-economic system and Eco-lifestyle.
It should be a compulsory human right for each family to own an Eco-home where governments’ social welfare system pays the interest on the mortgage and employ the family to repay back the loan.
Here are some ideas, but you can comment and add more:
- Any government, national trust, corporate, royal family or rich people may donate or lease public or private land to build an Eco-city or eco-cities surrounded by Eco-industries, businesses and agriculture to employ the residents.
- A government can guarantee to pay the interest on the mortgage loans for those who are on social benefits. It will be cheaper than paying for any rent or cost to accommodate them.
- Financing the Eco-city is open to any investor, great or small, who accepts a 1.5 to 3% guaranteed return on their investment. It will be more than people can get on their savings in a bank.
- Charities, housing associations, lottery funds, industries and businesses can participate in helping people to buy an Eco-home in an Eco-city. Moreover, they may be able to find people jobs to repay the loans received.
- Families should live within their means in an Eco-lifestyle of less outgoings than they would spend in ordinary cities or towns. They should accept training in new skills suitable for the available jobs, so they are able to pay the interest on their mortgage as a minimum or make repayments towards the outstanding mortgage. It is better to build up equity in a property that they can use when they get frail, old and cannot work anymore, to spend on better care.
- The government spending cost per head should follow the residents to the Eco-city to be spent on its infrastructure.
- The government should license the Eco-industries and Eco- businesses to operate in the Eco-city, only if they employ the locals, provide flexible hours and train their staff in the required skills; otherwise, their licenses should be removed.
- Eco-industries and businesses will be encouraged to move to the Eco-city to benefit from lower overheads by employing cheaper workers, 24/7 availability and flexibility, having free electricity, having free or leased land and having ring-fenced net tax-free profits of 5% on investment.
- Each Eco-home will have an edible garden for people to grow their food, which is to prevent starvation under any circumstances and to reduce their outgoings.
- Each Eco-home will produce more electricity than it consumes, from renewable sources and supply the excess to the industries.
- Each person should have access to the internet to learn and work from home, which is to save on costs for education or gaining vocational training skills.
- Building a large Eco-city of one million Eco-homes should not be contracted to profiteering developers. The Eco- home should be designed and prefabricated for self-build following step-by-step instructions.
- A group of seven people, which can include the unemployed and volunteers, can build an Eco-home in seven days; from this, they can earn credit to own one.
- Conditionally, each person must accept training on required new skills to work and pay at least the interest on the mortgage; otherwise, they risk losing it all and having to leave the Eco-city.
The Eco-city will not only help the unemployed, young and elderly to own a house but will also revive the industries, businesses and agriculture and save billions on the social-welfare system.
If Eco-homes in Eco-cities become the norm of our civilization, only then, the social-welfare system becomes fair-minded, morally civilized and ethical.
In the UK, the United States of America (USA) and Germany, the unemployment rate is below 4.5 % in the year 2018. In the EU it varies from 2.4 to 21% in Greece and in other countries it starts at 0.1% and goes up as high as 95% in Zimbabwe. However, if each nation builds Eco-cities, the unemployment rate becomes 0%. Poverty, homelessness, insecure living and crimes all disappear. Only then can our civilization become moral, caring and sharing and give people their complete human rights to live in a dignified manner.
I would like to repeat what I said in Ecolism 1: imagine if the USA creates peace on earth and stops spending more than $700 billion each year on weapons of mass destruction, the humankind becomes more morally civilized.
Moreover, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) must stop wasting 2% of their gross domestic product (GDP) on weapons, followed by other countries like Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Iran, North Korea and the rest of the world.
The USA can build Eco-cities in all their state and each country can do the same to give an Eco-home to every low -income family.
Every American, European, Chinese and any other will become richer from such projects, including the political parties, instead of fighting each other and destroying their countries, they can all compete with each other in building more and have more followers.
Governments spend billions on discovering other planets, neglecting the perfection of planet earth. I wish they would spend more billions to eliminate poverty, to educate more people to explore much more galaxies.
The elite 61 word’s richest have the same wealth as the poorest 3.bn people on this planet.
Can’t they be even richer by making the poor rich to spend more?
Read Ecolism 1 for the Eco-socio-economic system, Ecolism 2 for the details of the Eco-city and the future books Ecolism 3 & 4 for Eco-lifestyle, Eco-human rights and Eco-home.
The richest 1% have more money than 4000000000 (4bn) poorest people on this planet